Frost & Sullivan’s Manufacturing Leadership (ML) Council today recognized world-class manufacturing companies and individual leaders as winners of the 2015 Manufacturing Leadership Awards.
In a world of intensifying global competition and accelerating, technology-driven change, recipients of the ML Awards have distinguished themselves byembracing breakthrough innovation and enabling their companies to anticipate and respond to customers with unmatched agility.
Now in its eleventh year, the ML Awards honor companies and individuals that are shaping the future of global manufacturing. Nominations are entered into 11 categories, evaluated and scored by a panel of expert judges. Ten of the ML Awards categories are for outstanding projects by a manufacturing company. One category recognizes the achievements of individual manufacturing leaders.
“Now more than ever, manufacturers must accelerate and expand innovation and the delivery of customer value while continuing to embrace core principles of quality and operational excellence,”said Global Vice President and Editorial Director of the Manufacturing Leadership CouncilDavid R. Brousell. “Winners of the 2015 ML Awards have clearly demonstrated that they are leaders on all of those fronts. Congratulations to each of them.”
ML Award winners and their technology partners will be honored on June 4, 2015 at a gala celebration that concludes the eleventh annualManufacturing Leadership Summit <http://ww2.frost.com/index.php?cID=5348> in Carlsbad, CA. At the gala, winners of the ML High Achiever Awards, the ML Manufacturers of the Year, and the Manufacturing Leader of the Year will also be announced.
The ML Summit is a unique, interactive gathering of manufacturing leaders from around the world. The theme for the 2015 summit is “The New Era of Creating Manufacturing.” Featured speakers include: Ford Motor Co. Executive Vice President, Global Manufacturing and Labor Affairs John Fleming; Lockheed Martin Space Systems Vice President of ProductionDennis Little; The Dow Chemical Company Vice Chairman, Business OperationsJames R. Fitterling; and Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency Director of the Defense Sciences Office Dr.Stefanie Tompkins.
Expert judges for the 2015 ML Awards include UCLA Vice Provost, Information Technology and Chief Academic Technology OfficerJim Davis; Frost & Sullivan Industrial Automation and Process Control Vice President of ResearchSath Rao; L’Oreal OperationsAmerica Vice President, Communications and Social Responsibility Morris Lenczicki; Graphicast Inc. PresidentVal Zanchuk; VirTex Enterprises LP CEOBrad Heath; Manufacturing Leadership Council Global Vice President and Editorial DirectorDavid R. Brousell; Lexmark International Corporate Manager Sustainability John Gagel; Extreme Networks Vice President, Engineering Operations and Quality Brad Martin; Plastic Molding Technology Inc. CEOCharles A. Sholtis; Digital Manufacturing & Design Innovation Institute at UI LABS Executive DirectorDean L. Bartles; The Boeing Company Senior Manager Rod Mattison; Card-Monroe Corp. Vice President of Corporate Excellence Jim Joyner; Scientific Games Vice President, Global Supply Chain Chris Hillman; The Dow Chemical Company Vice President Engineering Solutions and Technology CentersPaul Dean II.
The Manufacturing Leadership Council is pleased to announce the winners of the 2015 ML Awards:
Big Data & Advanced Analytics Leadership
* Bristol-Myers Squibb * Saudi Aramco (Abqaiq Intelligent Energy Management System) * Steel Dynamics * The Dow Chemical Company (Enterprise Manufacturing Intelligence) Customer Value Leadership
* Boston Scientific * Schutt Sports (Mass Customization) * The Design Phactory * Thule, Inc. * Toyota Motor Sales Engineering & Production Technology Leadership
* Ball Aerospace * CPI Aerostructures * Extreme Networks (Robotic WiFi Antenna Testing) * General Motors * GKN Aerospace * Lockheed Martin Aeronautics (Applied Additive Tooling Technologies) * Lockheed Martin Aeronautics (Hole-Drilling Process Improvements) * Lockheed Martin Aeronautics (Optical Projection Of Fastener Installation Data) * Mechanical Equipment Company, Inc. * Mother Parkers Tea and Coffee (RealCup Capsule Commercialization and Rapid Expansion) * PACCAR Engine Company * Saudi Aramco (Integrated Analytical Engineering Performance Monitoring Tool) * Tessy Plastics LLC * The Tech Group Enterprise Technology Leadership
* AMA Plastics * Boers & Co. * CommScope, Inc. (PM Mobile) * Crescent Park Corp. * Epec Engineered Technologies * NetApp, Inc. * Nexteer * Toyota Boskoku America * VirTex Enterprises * Xerox Innovation Process Leadership
* Blast Motion * DIRTT Environmental Solutions * GE Global Research * IBM (Intelligent Release Enablement) * JCB India Ltd * Proto Labs * The Hayes Companies Operational Excellence Leadership
* ATK Aerospace Group * Avnet, Inc. * CommScope, Inc. (One-Piece Flow) * Eaton * IBM (IPDL Singapore Design and Operational eXcellence (DOX) Program) * Lexmark International, Inc. (Lean Sourcing Framework) * L’Oreal USA * MBX Systems * Nissan Americas * Olympic Steel, Inc. * Peterbilt Motors Co. (Mixed Model Cab Trim Line) * Peterbilt Motors Co. (North Texas Lean Consortium) * The Dow Chemical Company (Dow Hsinchu Site’s Six Sigma / Lean Journey) * The Raymond Corp. New Product Leadership
* BullEx (Attack™ and BullsEye™ Product Platforms) * Crest Industries * HzO, Inc. * Manchac Technologies * Merck & Co. * Mother Parkers Tea and Coffee (EcoCup Single Serve Capsules) * Schutt Sports (STX Stallion) * Terves, Inc. Next-Generation Leadership
* Allied Mineral Products * Meritage Global Services, Inc. * Peterbilt Motors Co. (Emerging Leaders Southwest) * Specialty Manufacturing, Inc. * The Dow Chemical Company (Next Generation Leadership) Supply Chain Leadership
* C&S Wholesale Grocers * Elster Gas, North and South America (Strategic Procurement Structure) * Hewlett-Packard Co. * IBM (Singapore Power Systems Transition Project) * Lexmark International, Inc. (Global Sourcing Contracts Process Improvements) * MAPA SPONTEX * PL Developments * Redwing Shoe Company * Seagate, Inc. * Bridge Publications, Inc. Sustainability Leadership
* BullEx (Smart Class A PHASE II) * Campbell Soup * Columbia Manufacturing, Inc. * Elster Gas, North and South America (Sustainability Strategy) * Extreme Networks, Inc. (Sustainable Packaging) * Lexmark International, Inc. (Reconditioning of Laser Cartridge Developer Rolls) * Saudi Aramco (Resource and Energy Optimization) Visionary Leadership
* Harry Arnon, Hernon Manufacturing, Inc. * Marcia Coulson, Eldon James Corp. * Donald J. Davis, Kent Displays Inc. * Ulrich Ermel, TQ Systems GmbH * James Harbour, Harbour & Associates, Inc. (Retired) * Curt Modtland, The Dow Chemical Company (Retired) * Mort O’Sullivan, ARCA * Jamie Quilter, Rexnord Industries About the Manufacturing Leadership Council
The Manufacturing Leadership Council, Frost & Sullivan, is the world’s first member-driven, global business leadership network dedicated to senior executives in the manufacturing industry. The Manufacturing Leadership Council’s mission is to help senior executives define and shape a better future for themselves, their organizations, and the industry at large. The Council produces an extensive portfolio of leadership networking, information, and professional development products, programs, and services, including the Manufacturing Leadership Community website, an online global business network with over 6,700 members worldwide; the Manufacturing Leadership Council, an invitation-only executive organization of over 100 members; the annual Manufacturing Leadership Summit; the Manufacturing Leadership Awards, celebrating industry achievement; and the thought-leadingManufacturing Leadership Journal. For more information, visit www.MLCouncil.com <http://www.mlcouncil.com/>.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today’s market participants. For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community.Contact us: Start the discussion <http://www.frost.com/prod/servlet/register-form.pag?refpage=http%3A//www.frost.com/prod/servlet/frost-home.pag&SRC=Contact>